Friday, April 18

it's about time...





Living in California this long, I am surprised I haven't visited the redwoods yet. It had to happen. I was lucky enough to get some time with these ancient giants. I know there's no way to convey their immensity with a camera, but I tried. The little panorama above and the picture below give you some idea of the scale of these things.



They ask that you not climb the trees. Of course you can't climb them. They're huge, and there aren't many low branches. This didn't stop Rebecca from trying though. That's the kind of girl I like.



The trees really were ridiculously huge. Very peaceful walking through that forest. There was even one tree that had a hollow cave underneath it. I was inside of it, standing up, with Rebecca and Marek. There was a ton of room in there. Ah, nature...

No comments: