Tuesday, April 22

Uh oh, BahKo



After all the talk of Backhoes last week, we came back to San Diego to find one parked right outside Rebecca's apartment! Of course we had to indulge ourselves and photograph it...

I told Rebecca that it must be a good omen, and that not all omens are ominous.

I've been wrong before, and this was no different. It turns out that innocuous backhoe wasn't just parked there so that 25-year-olds could use it as a jungle gym. Someone was doing actual WORK with this thing.

7:30am and the roar of the mighty backhoe shatters our slumber.

BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM!!! CHINKACHINKACHINKACHINKA!! GRRRBOOOMBOOOMGRRBOOOOOMMM!!!

So the backhoe is tearing up the street, that's ok. There are a bunch of white spraypainted guidelines out here, so I have a feeling it's headed for the alley too, which will make the symphony of destruction all the more audible.

It seems that proximity to a backhoe is not without drawbacks, but I don't want to slander an entire species based only one one early-working, noisy individual...

2 comments:

Dan said...

Well, actually Jeremy, I may have lead you astray. The earthmover does not necessarily need a front loader to be considered a back hoe. It just needs the "Hoe" attachment on the back side of the vehicle. What's on the front is left up to your imagination. Be it a front loader, or perhaps a cow catcher, which may be of considerable use when the infrastructure collapses. I suggest checking out the "Book a Back O" for more info on the subject. Cheers!

suzette said...

..ok..Jeremy..you KNOW my sense of humor...work with me here and Rebecca, you know I love you...

A "back" ho on a bahKo?

snort...

Rebecca, do you realize what a gift you are in Jeremy's life? Jeremy do you realize what gift you are in Rebecca's life? I love you kids! :-)