Sunday, May 18

The sweet old mexican lady...

...that lives in Rebecca's apartment complex said it was going to be chilly out today. She was especially bummed. I guess 84 F could be considered chilly? The point is, it's hot out here, and only getting hotter. I'm feeling the effects of the climate change, and super sunny San Diego is not the best place to be as temperatures rise. In having conversations with people around here, I tell them I'm moving to Chicago. They tell me it'll be hot there too. Sometimes people around here try to discourage me from leaving. I can't tell if they're pro-San Diego, or just anti-everything, and don't want to see someone else make a change.

At any rate, I am not fleeing to escape the heat, I can just tell that my time here is up. It will be bittersweet to leave everyone that I've met, but I was never going to stay here permanently.

Besides, it's frigging hot out here...

No comments: