Wednesday, December 24

la crosse

I was on the fence last night whether to leave or not. The thought of staying in last night with a cup of Rooibos Tea, and leaving early in the morning was quite appealing. Then Rebecca came home from work and told me she got the weather report. The roads were great, but would freeze by 2 am. So we got the hell out of Chicago as fast as possible!

We took her car, and learned more about it. Some fun facts:

1. The heat doesn't work.

2. The wipers need very much to be replaced.

3. She bought windshield fluid in California (only good for +32 degrees) and it froze in her lines. (my favorite)

So, needless to say, the drive got a little hairy a few times, but we made it safely into LaCrosse at 1:30 am.

I harass her that we should've taken my car, but it really doesn't matter. I'm happy to be on vacation here, and glad we made it safely.

By the way, the car is buried in snow already. It's really coming down.

1 comment:

suzette said...

YIkes! I'm glad you're there safe and sound. Merry Christmas kids! I love ya both! :-)